We love these simple weekday banana pancakes. My nephew has been enjoying these little gems for years. We always passed as my oldest daughter is allergic to eggs. Although with my youngest on a nut free, seed free diet to determine her food sensitivities, we have had to get a little more creative with her protein sources. Now that I ran out of things to feed her for breakfast, we have added these to her morning rotation. They are so simple and she looks forward to them every morning.
Suggests toppings: berries, seasonal fruit, fruit compote without sugar, honey, maple syrup, seed butter, or nut butter of choice.
We have been topping ours with maple syrup, which is filled with Zinc and Maganese. Both minerals required for your body to function properly. Zinc strengthens your bodies immune system and is vital to every cell in your body. This mineral is especially important for growing bodies.
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon of tumeric (optional)
- Coconut oil or healthy oil of choice for the pan.
- Mash ripe banana into a small bowl.
- Add two eggs, cinnamon and numeric to the bowl.
- Blend until smooth with hand immersion blender.
- We used a cast iron pan, so your oil and temperature will depending on your preferred pancake pan.
- Heat pan to medium low, or potentially a little below medium depending on your stove and pan.
- Put a thin layer of coconut oil into pan. I spread it around in a thin layer with a paper towel to ensure I remove the excess oil.
- Pour batter into pan in the desired size. (We started out with tiny pancakes while I worked on mastering flipping the pancakes.)
- Flip once the edges start browning. You can always use the spatula to peak at the bottom of the pancake to see if they are brown.
- Cook the second side until the edges are brown.
- Optional: Blueberries - If you would like to cook blueberries into your pancakes, add the blueberries after pouring the batter into the pan.
Have left overs? Bring them along for your morning snack or toss them into your little ones lunch.