We love putting our ripe bananas to great use for these dark chocolate banana muffins. Our girls have inherited my love of all things chocolate!
Chocolate Banana Muffins
Chocolate Banana Muffins Author: VibrantMama
- ¼ cup of cashew milk (or milk of choice: almond, cow, hemp, etc)
- 6 Tablespoons of ghee (or coconut oil or butter)
- 6 Tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 mashed very ripe bananas
- 2 cups of spelt flour (or gluten free or gluten filled flour of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of chopped dark chocolate
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts (or pecans, pumpkin seeds) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- Line Muffin Pan with 16-18 muffin papers
- Combine milk, ghee, maple syrup, vanilla and ripe banana in blender. Blend well until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir well.
- Pour contents of blender into dry ingredients, mix well by hand.
- Fold in chopped chocolate and nuts without over mixing.
- Pour contents of ingredients into muffin compartments ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes. Put a toothpick into the center. When it comes out clean, your muffins are ready.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.