We love cooking with kids.
These simple gut healing gummies are a great way to get kids involved and boost your child’s nutrition and immune system.
Here are just a few of the amazing benefits cooking can bring to your child:
- Cooking allows them to understand how the food ends up on the table.
- Participating in the process can lead to tasting and trying new foods.
- It builds confidence.
- They will build skills in the kitchen that can last them a lifetime.
- The children can have a great sense of accomplishment in what they are able to create.
- Children will engage in sensory activities and strengthen their fine motor skills while helping you get a meal on the table.
- Kids can learn about the importance of healthy food while they are engaging with their food.
The health benefits of gelatin.
We appreciate the value of a great bone broth to help us heal our guts and keep the good bacteria happy in our bellies. Sometimes there isn’t time to simmer a pot of broth overnight, so we appreciate this gut healing alternative and it is a fun easy job for little hands. Therefore, gelatin can help improve gastric acid secretion and restore a healthy mucosal lining in the stomach. This improves your bodies ability to absorb food and reduce the amount of inflammation in the gut.
- 1½ cups of strawberries (fresh or frozen berries that have been thawed)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- ¼ cup of grass-fed gelatin
- Place strawberries and lemon juice in blender. Blend well until completely smooth.
- Add mixture to a saucepan.
- Add honey and gelatin to this saucepan.
- Turn on heat to low, whisk continuously for 5-10 minutes until ingredients are completely mixed and mixture becomes thin.
- Pour into small or medium baking dish with high edges or silicone molds.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- If you used mold, remove from mold and enjoy.
- If you used a baking dish, cut into small squares and enjoy.